Heeeeyyy guys! So… Yeah I decided to NOT do a book review and do this instead! YAAAAH!! Anyway, this is basically all of the steps that an insane fangirl goes through-from beginner, to absolutely cuckoo.
Innocent girl/boy will read book and occasionally talk about it. Possibly even looks up when the next book comes out.
At this point, you shouldn’t need to worry. Another good book should easily cure Fangirl/boy Syndrome
Will talk about it more often than not, wrote down when next book releases, and will come up with some clever inside jokes about the series
Same as stage one, although-be prepared for more chattering about the book for a few days or even a week
Talks about series, draws about series, dreams about series…
This is very close to the tipping point, to ensure that the innocent girl/boy doesn’t reach stage four, five, or-heaven forbid-six, make sure to distract innocent girl/boy with sports/trip/or reminding them to hang out with other human beings. (As weird as that may be)
At this point, it is almost too late to save the poor soul. The innocent girl/boy will often bring up book characters into conversations, almost daily. They will have read a couple of fanfictions, have printed out a few fan arts from the internet, and check their fan account daily. They also will now know the meaning of a few words from Nerd Slang (‘ship’ ‘OTP’ ‘Cannon’). And they will have followed the author of the series on social media, if they have it.
- Introducing innocent girl/boy to a new series, although this poses the risk of them joining THAT fandom. Or even worse BECOME MULTI-FANDOMED!!!!!!
- Take innocent girl/boy to Florida. Distract them from any mention of their Fandom, and also stay at a hotel with no wifi
- And also, ensure that whatever mobile/computer they’re using-that caps lock IS NOT ENABLED. This will discourage building up of emotions and will frustrate innocent girl/boy from attempting to scream/shriek/talk nonsense in a loud way online amongst other Fangirl/boys
- Do not allow them to take ninja lessons/
Oh dear. Stage 5. Welp, you’ve done it now. There is no turning back now. (Not so) innocent girl/boys will now always talk in all caps, will have a few ship wars of experience under their belts, check their fan accounts every hour, have written multiple fanfictions, and have drawn their fair share of fanart. And those screams from the kitchen? Tears of joy when their ships sail. To prevent them from becoming the ultimate fangirl/boys you must
- Remind them how fantasy worlds are not real
- Encourage them to write their own stories! Because those fanfictions were just so good…
- Make sure that they talk to other humans…At all, even a glance would be nice…
- Remind them to do schoolwork
THE FINAL STAGE!!!!! MULTIPLE EXCLAMATION POINTS IN EVER SINGE CONVERSATION!!!! ALL CAPS ALL THE TIME!!! SCREAMING KEPT TO A BARE MINIMUN OF TWICE A DAY! IS THE LEADER OF THE SHIPS! AALLL THE SHIPS!! PROPER GRAMMAR IS SO LAST WEEK! MUST READ MORE! SCREAM! SCREAM! SCREAM! SCREAM! LOOK AT THAT FANART! IT IS BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE IT! AND OMG NO WAY YOU SHIP THAT!!!! SJADSAKJDKDBFUFHSIA IS NOW A WORD! DEAL WITH IT!!!!! YYYYAAAAASSSSS!!!!!! FIRE THE CANONS! BURN THE SHIP!! ROLEPLAY! COSPLAY! FANFICTIONS! FANART! FAN THEORIES! YOU LEAD THEM AAAAAAALLLLL!!! AAAALLLL HAIL CAPTAIN OF THE FANDOM!!!! THIS IS NOT A DRRRRRRIIIIILLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND OMG I DREAMED ABOUT THAT ONCE! AND NOW IT IS HAPPENING AAAIEHNDLADLEOIDHQLEKNDEDJJ WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!
Now all you can do is
- Pray that they’re in a good fandom. Plenty of fandoms are absolutely wonderful! Everyone is nice and accepting, always encouraging one another and making them feel acknowledged and loved! Other fandoms…
Anyway, now you know how amazing we fangirls are! (But seriously though, being a fangirl rocks) See you guys next week! 😀 ❤