Hello all! Tomorrow marks my last Tuesday as a freshman in highschool. Exciting! Since this is my last week in school, I decided I would share my summer plans with you all!
(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ summer ♥
The joys of summer cannot be left unforgotten. Practically no homework, weeks of free-time, sun, swimming, and hours upon hours of reading. I am 110% ready to finally get a tan.
Not only will my days be so stress free, that they become stressful, I will also be volunteering at my local library! I’m finally old enough to become more involved with my library, which is one of my favorite places in the world.
This summer, I also want to change this blog up a bit. I love blogging, and want to continue doing it! However, it does become hard at times to be able to finish a reviewable book, every single week and then write a review on it. Reviewing is awesome! But some weeks I don’t have the time, or interest in the book, to finish it by Sunday and then write a readable review on it. Especially as I begin to take AP classes, it will be much harder to finish reviews by the deadline. I feel that only having reviews on this blog also can make it a bit…dry.
I’ve been a scared to write stuff other than reviews, because it’s not what people expect and I don’t want to disappoint them. I write this blog for myself, but I also write it for my followers! I want the content I write to be something that somehow contributes to someone else’s life–or at least makes it a little better. I have to remind myself that this is my blog! I can do what I want with it. Besides, only having one type of post every week is bland.
So…Time to add some seasoning to this book-blog salad!!
So how am I going to season? I’ve been thinking of a few ideas…
- the Book vs. the Movie
- I would read the book, then watch the movie. After, I would write a short review of both and then compare the two. Differences? Similarities? What one did better than the other? The possibilities are endless
- Tour of my bookshelf
- Not only could you get aesthetic photos of my book collection, you could also get descriptions of the book. By me! I highly doubt I would be able to remember enough to make good descriptions, so it should be entertaining.
- Writing vs. Reading
- The differences between writing…and…reading
- Different Genres SHOWDOWN
- Two different genres fight TO THE DEATH
- Two genres enter, only one genre leaves
- Of course, I will continue to post reviews. That’s what I started this blog for, and it has improved my writing capabilities so, so much ever since.
That’s about it for now. Happy summer all! Good luck on testing (if you have it) #TheGrindNeverStops💪💯
Let me know if you like any of these ideas! Feel free to add on to an idea, or add your own.